Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dear Steve, you always hated it when I called you that.
You would have preferred I said dad. As hard as I tried I couldn't ever bring myself to say it. I am sorry.

Dear dad #2,
I'm sorry I didn't come over on Sunday. I knew that I should have. I had a feeling and I ignored it.
I wish that you got to see Lincoln one last time. I know how happy he made you.
I wish that we had the chance to say goodbye.
May you enjoy your life free of the pain you have had to endure the last several years.
The funeral service went well. There were lots of people there. We had Cincinnati chili. I know, no one makes it as good as you can.
I loved seeing all your brothers and sisters again. Lincoln loved them. Gina made us fried chicken. It was amazing!

We will miss you. I promise to take care of your babies.



In memory of Steven Louis Clay
Jan 28th 1950-July 15th 2010

6 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

With deepest sympathy to you and your family. May your good memories bring you comfort at this time. Very nice pictures and tribute.I love the picture of Steve and Lincoln. Very sweet. xoxo

rachel johanna said...

sweety, i am so sorry for your loss.
love you.

Leanne said...

What a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

This totally made me cry. I love you! Hang in there.

Soni said...

I've got to quit reading your blog. You always make me cry. I didn't know he didn't like us to call him Steve. You forgot to tell him we sang...well, tried to sing!

Michael said...

Cara, I'm so sorry to hear that Steve passed away. I hope you're doing alright.