Friday, March 22, 2013

March?!?

Where is time going? March is almost over!

It's official, I am the worst blogger ever.
I was thinking today about all of the wonderful experiences I am having with my boys, and how I want to remember them. I had a wonderful day today and thought "I should write about this in my journal."
Then a second thought was, "I haven't updated the blog in a while."

So I figure I might as well kill two birds with one stone.

First things first, today was a good day. The majority of my days are good days. But the other days, the not so good days, sometimes seem to overshadow the good days. You know, the days your kids are constantly fighting, getting hurt, and making messes. One day I cleaned up one mess after another all. day. long. You think I am exaggeration, but I'm not. Lincoln and Spencer were like little tornado's wreaking havoc every where they went. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by those days that I start to feel like a failure. I wonder why in the world I thought I was qualified to bring another child into my chaotic life.

But today was not one of those days.

Will got up with the boys since he convinced me to stay up late to watch Psych. It's hard to sleep in when I here the pitter patter of little feet and giggles downstairs. So I decided to get up and get ready for the day. (this usually doesn't happen until nap time) I hear little footsteps coming and the bathroom door swings open. Spencer is standing there with a big smile on his face. "HI!" he says.

This little boy melts my heart.
He gives me hugs and kisses, and sits on the floor watching me get ready.

We go downstairs and do the usual routine. Eat breakfast, change diapers, go potty, get dressed. Lincoln asks to play with play dough. We start playing at the table and Will joins us. Lincoln made an ocean and I made him several fish to go swimming in it. Then I made Lincoln a Muno and Will made his own "daddy Muno." Lincoln's face lit up, and he laughed and laughed as the two of the Muno's played tag. Will headed to his office and we headed to Costco.

Costco trips usually end in me needing a coke and loads of chocolate, but today my boys were perfect. I realized once I put them in the cart that I had forgotten to bring my usual line up of snack, treats and toys to keep them busy. "This will be fun I thought."

Lincoln decided right away that there was a dinosaur chasing us. We hurried through Costco grabbing things we thought would keep the dinosaur away from us. None of them worked. Lincoln and Spencer laughed the whole time and it was wonderful. I got lots of funny looks from others as I hurried down an isle with Lincoln and Spencer screaming "Oh no the dinosaur is going to get us." But I did not care one bit!

That's how my day started yesterday, we came home from Costco, the boys took a nap and I started this post, one day later I am finishing it. That's how bad I am at blogging, I can't even finish one post a day.
Oh well.

My point was, I had a good day. And I want to remember the good days, because they are worth remembering. I love these two little boys more than words can say, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be their mother.


In other news I am 38 weeks and feeling great. I am so happy to have made it this far, and I am pretty sure I will end up going over my due date. Which I am totally fine with. The thought of having three kids terrifies me. Ready or not baby #3 is coming fast! I can't wait to meet him!

2 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Yea! You're back to blogging. It was so fun to read about your adventures and darling little boys. So glad for your "good" days, and a loving husband.

So glad you're still hanging in there with baby #3 waiting to be born. Yes, the longer the better, generally.

And just for the record, you are a fantastic mother! xoxo

Hilary said...

COngrats! Glad you had a good day! Those days are the best! way to document it too! Glad you blog so I can keep in touch with you!