Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Happy father's day to my amazing husband!
Lincoln is so lucky to have such a patient, loving, kind, and faithful father. I hope that he can follow in his footsteps. I don't think Will realized how much he would love being a dad. He does a fantastic job at it.

I try really hard on father's day to focus on how lucky I am to have married such an amazing man, and not on the fact that I miss my dad and step dad, but it will always be a bittersweet day. I made it until 11:30 without crying yesterday. I was so close. I think the thing that gets to me the most is that Lincoln will grow up without a grandpa. :( It's a good thing Will is a good enough dad to make up for it.

1 comment:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Yes, count your blessings that you are married to that most wonderful man and father.

It's just me, but I don't think there is anyone more important than the father of your children. So let's celebrate these wonderful husbands. :)

Happy Father's Day, Will!