Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Notice anything different?

 Mr. Lumpy head is no more!
Spencer is pretty excited about it!
After we got the ultrasound done around 2 weeks, we were told that if it didn't go down any they may have to a needle aspiration in order to test the fluid and verify that it is just a cephalhematoma, 
and not something more serious. 
At three weeks we measured it and there had been no change.
At four weeks it still hadn't budged. 
My mom had suggested using tea tree oil. At the time I thought, ehh probably wont work. 
But now I was willing to try anything.
We started putting it on last Monday, a couple times a day.
And by Friday, the three inch bubble was completely gone!
There is some calcification that will take several months to go away, but it is hardly noticeable.

We were also in Tennessee that week, so it could have just been the southern air. 
(Post to come about our trip)
And if you weren't convinced that tea tree oil is magical, I got sick on our way home, soar throat, massive head ache, it was awful. I decided, what the heck, throw some tea tree oil on my neck. (You can't ingest it) The next morning my soar throat was completely gone. And I felt completely better by the end of the day. 
Maybe it's all in my head. Maybe it's all in Spencer's head. But hey, it worked.




5 comments:

Natasha said...

That's great news. We love tea tree oil. Especially for diaper rash. I've never tried it for a sore throat though ... now I'm gonna!

Soni Levenseller said...

Yahoo for Spencers head! Looks good! Yes, tea tree oil is magical- thanks for reminding me about it! Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Laura K said...

I am all about the herb-y earthy healing nonsense. Elijah had constant eczema-like diaper rash and we got this hazelwood necklace because I was looking for anything that claimed to offer relief and I swear it works! It might be potty training that helped, but either way its gone. Thank you mother earth.
Spencer is a cutie! Lumpy or perfectly round head.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Hooray for Tea Tree Oil! That's going on all my ache and pains, for sure. Spencer looks sooooo cute! So glad we got to spend so much time with him. Miss you all.

PS ~ I wish it was the beautiful, clean, TN air that made the difference, but I'd say that Tea Tree Oil is pretty strong stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara! I find this post looking for some answers regarding my son's bump and hope you can help with a few questions. 1/Did you use pure tea tree oil or a mix like the one sold by Walmart which has witamine E. 2/Was the bump hard when you massage it? 3/How did you massage it? You have a lovely family who keeps you busy so I hope you can spare a few moments to answer me. Thanks!