Friday, September 14, 2012

The Birthday Project part 1

I debated posting about this, I don't want to try to seem like I am bragging about how awesome I am. But I was inspired by reading about it on a friends blog, so I figured maybe I could do some inspiring as well. This year for my birthday I decided to participate in The Birthday Project. 
Basically instead of focusing on yourself, you do an act of kindness for every year you've been alive.
So since I am turning 25 this year, I am doing 25 acts of kindness. I should have started 25 days before my birthday, but I only heard about it Monday. SO I have been crunching in the kindness.

This has been my experience so far:
First, I wrote up a list of things that I could do. I figured I would try to make at least one service a day be for my family. Then the other two were planned and I prayed to be presented with opportunities to serve as well. It's interesting how much it changes your attitude when you are actively looking for people to serve. Suddenly the world didn't revolve around me. :)

1) Packed Will's bags for him. He went out of town for a business trip last week, and he hates packing. So I did it for him.

2) Returned shopping carts left in the parking lot.

3) Bought lunch for the guy behind me at the drive-through.

4) Invited friends over for dinner.

5) died my sisters hair for her.

6) Wrote a note of encouragement to a friend.

7) Left money in the vending machines at Walmart.

8) Did a photo shoot for free.

9) Let someone go ahead of me in line.

10) Baby sat my friends baby.

11) Left a stack of $2 off coupons by the baby food.

12) Left quarters in the candy machines.

13) Spent the day giving my children 100% of my attention. No facebook, no pinterest, no emailing. I know this is what I should be doing all of the time, but I don't.

14) Brought treats to my old co-workers at R-kids. Let them know I missed them. :)

15) Did the dishes for Will. (dishes are Will's job :))

16) Made cookies for a friend.

Nine more to go with just three days left. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I just now read your post here and I have to say I am amazed. You are already one busy young mother. How did you find time to do all that?!

I think it's a fantastic idea. So glad you shared! Thanks so much!!

HT said...

I love this! What a cool idea. Thanks for serving us! With how much you've been babysitting, you were probably already set and didn't even have to do all those extra things! :-)