Thursday, December 3, 2009

Letter to Lincoln

As I was looking back through my journals I found a letter I wrote for Lincoln.

Dear Lincoln,
I can't believe how much I would have taken for granted. I don't want to forget how it felt to have my heart ache to hold you. So I'm making you some promises to help me remember.

I promise to remind you everyday just how special you are.
I promise to embrace every moment we have together.
I promise to remember how I WANTED to change your diapers.
I promise to remember how hearing your cry was music to our ears.
I promise that someday, somehow I will find a way to show you how much you are loved.
I promise to teach you the power of prayer.
I promise you will know the complete and perfect love our Heavenly Father has for you.
I promise that your dad loves you more than life itself. He will be your ultimate role model.
I promise that miracles happen. You are a miracle.
I promise to be a good example.
I promise to love you unconditionally.
I promise to teach you to stay positive.

You are so loved


Love,
Mom

6 comments:

The Standrings said...

cara, what a sweet little letter for a sweet little lincoln.

Soni said...

you always make me cry :) Good idea to write it all down so you won't forget! Love ya!

Holly said...

So sweet. You are such a wonderful mom.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

What a wonderful letter---a real treasure that will mean so much to Lincoln when he gets old enough to understand all he's been through. You're such a good, good mother!xo

Christy Gunnell said...

What a tender letter!

C said...

This brought tears to my eyes! That's seriously so beautiful.