Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

I had a discussion the other day about how reading other peoples blogs sometimes makes you feel bad about yourself. We decided this is because everyone only posts about the good stuff.
I vowed that next time I had a rotten day I would post about it.

But first The Good- We got the house. It officially became ours on Monday. Wahoo!

The Bad- Lincoln has had a fever for the last few days.
In a perfect world,
I would take him into the doctor and they would know just what to do. You know, with that MD behind your name you better be smarter than me.
I wouldn't have to remind the pediatrician(every time) of Lincolns history.
I wouldn't ever hear the doctor say "I THINK that it is an ear infection...so lets just go ahead and treat him for that." With eight years of schooling I would hope you would be able to identify an ear infection with confidence.
In a perfect world I wouldn't have to remind the doctor that Lincoln was just on Amoxicillin a few weeks ago so perhaps a stronger antibiotic would be more beneficial for him.

( I hold the up most respect for doctors and surgeons. They did after all fix my baby's heart. But I get so frustrated with some of them. )

The Ugly-
Lincoln got denied health insurance.
He no longer qualifies for CHIP because of Will's new job, nor can we get new insurance because Lincoln has a pre-existing condition.

Dear health care system,
You Suck.

Dear House,
Please clean your self.

Dear stack of boxes,
If you could grow legs and walk to our new house, that would be wonderful.

6 comments:

Holly said...

I agree that it's important to blog about the not-so-perfect stuff, just to make everyone else feel better about themselves! :)

I am SO, SO sorry that Lincoln can't get insurance!!! I HATE dealing with insurance!!! I wish I could suggest something to you, but I don't have any better ideas. When Tucker was denied insurance because of his health history, thankfully he was able to qualify for medicaid. But now that that's not an option...I don't know! I'm so sorry! Good luck! I'm sure something will work out...somehow...!

The Williams Family said...

First.. Congrats on the house, so exciting! Second.. And I really, really hate to ask (probably dumb) questions, but what do you do about the insurance thing, like do you have other options? I'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

One thing I love about you is how you manage to have a sense of humor about crappy things in your life. And you're quite clever and witty to boot.

This really sucks! Have you looked into the high risk insurance through the state? I don't know anything about it except that its there. I'm sure its crappy and expensive, but maybe better than nothing? At least he can't be denied coverage anymore in a little while right?

I love you guys!!!

Cara said...

Yes there is HIPPA health insurance for people with pre-existing conditions. Which I think is our only option. It's just, like you said, pretty expensive. But whatever we will just deal with it, it could be worse. Hopefully everything will go as planned and on September 23th they will have to accept Lincoln. :)

annie said...

in the meantime, we can start a club for people with uninsured babies! it stinks.

Adri said...

Ugh, bummer about the health insurance. But yaaay for the house!! Soooo exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of it.