Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Surgery tomorrow

Lincoln is getting surgery tomorrow to fix his Hypospadias tomorrow morning. I have this knot is the pit of my stomach. I'm nervous and anxious and a little nauseous. I know that the 1 1/2 hour procedure doesn't even come close to comparing to the 9 hour open heart surgery, but the thought of poor Lincoln in pain once again breaks my heart. I am crying a little. I know, I am a big baby!
I am relieved that we are able to get the surgery since the last few weeks have been a mess of trying to figure out how to get insurance to cover it. We were planning on waiting for Will to get a job so that we would have better insurance. To our dismay we were informed that no insurance would accept Lincoln until after he had this surgery. So, we were in a bit of a frenzy trying to schedule a consultation and a surgery while Lincoln was still covered under CHIP.

*BIG SIGH*

Now that that is all taken care of the only thing I have to worry about is Lincoln getting sick tonight and not being able to get his surgery tomorrow. (And the fact that Lincoln will be in pain for several weeks.)
If anyone feels like praying for us that would be AWESOME!!!

5 comments:

China Mom said...

Lincoln will do GREAT! He is a trooper! I'll be saying a prayer for your beautiful boy.

Soni said...

that boy is Superbaby- he'll be fine! We'll keep him in our prayers though. Sure do love the little monkey butt!

The Standrings said...

i can say that i know how this one goes and it's amazing how fast they bounce back. the meds definitely help with the pain. it is so tough seeing them in pain! we'll be praying!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

OK, now I've got tears in my eyes, but I agree with the comments above---Lincoln is a trooper and he'll do great! You know he will. We'll absolutely keep him in our prayers morning and night and in between. You and Will hang tough.

Katie I. said...

Dang, I wish I saw this sooner! I need to stay on top of my blogstalking! We will start praying now for the little guy...he is so brave!