Friday, November 5, 2010

November 5th

One year ago today Will and I sat in the surgical waiting room at Lucile Packard Childrens hospital. I remember completely surrendering to Gods will. Pleading for everything to go as planned and to once again hold my baby in my arms, but still accepting any outcome. That gave me peace.

As I look through the October 2009 pictures I am filled with so many emotions. I don't want to forget the emotions and experiences. When Lincoln reaches his arms up and wants to be held while I am making dinner, I try to remember how I wished I could hold him every second. When he grabs his dinner and throws it on the floor, I try to remember how lucky we are to have him.

Practically living in a childrens hospital brings you a whole new perspective. We met so many amazing people. People who had a longer and harder road than us. I try to remember that there are others who have heavier burdens than I. We also met many people who were willing to give so much to make our burdens lighter. I try to remember how much we are loved.

I wish that I could make a list of all of the people who have made such a difference in our lives. There are simply too many people to thank.
Thank you for all of the prayers from friends and family. Thank you for all of our ward members who brought us dinner, and prayed constantly for us. Thank you to the Palo Alto ward members(including Steve Young) who took us in. Thank you Soni for showing up time and time again. Thank you Dr. Reddy, you are an amazing surgeon.
This picture brings me so much peace. I can remember the complete serenity I felt finally having our baby home.

What a year.

7 comments:

Rowbury Family said...

Cara, this post makes me cry because I know EXACTLY how you feel! I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have Lucas here with me when he is acting out. How lucky we are to have healthy little boys! :)

Rowbury Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy Gunnell said...

I can't believe it's been a year. Your faith and strength throughout this whole past year has been such an example to me Cara. I'm so glad you have little Lincoln in your family and that we had the chance to rub shoulders with you and Will for a time.

Soni said...

Some day I'll be able to read about and think about tiny little Lincoln in the hospital and not cry. I'm not there yet. Love you all!

Deanna said...

What a miracle! Thank you for sharing your story and faith with us.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Wow! Has a year really gone by? Is that possible? Happy tears in the corners of my eyes. I thank God every day for the miracles in your life, Cara. Can't wait to meet your miracle baby, Lincoln.

Anonymous said...

Remember, remember, the 5th of November. (Seen V for Vendetta?). So happy for you guys, tearing up a bit. Love you!