Monday, January 31, 2011

January 28th

Last we had a memorial dinner for Steve's birthday. My mom asked me to make some Cincinnati chili. I had gone my whole life believing that Cincinnati chili took great skill to make. Steve was the only one who ever made it. He wouldn't even let us try, it was just to hard and only he could do it. I started off by making sure I had all of the ingredients.

Then I read the instructions...which consisted of 4 steps.
1- Combine packet, water and tomato paste in pan
2- Bring to a bowl and add Beef
3- Mix beef with a fork
4-Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 1-1 1/2 hours

The end
It turned out delicious. We are all pretty much addicted to this stuff. The only problem is they only sell the packets back east. We have to order it online.



 Lincoln sporting the chocolate cake Grandma fed him.

1 comment:

Soni Levenseller said...

Made me laugh! Steve was so posessive of his special Cincinatti Chili- who would have guessed it was so simple! I have one packet. I'm saving it.