Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!!




Since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays I was determined to get a picture of Linc in his giraffe costume. Isn't he cute?!?! Everything is still looking good and they are thinking they will do the surgery early next week. We are keeping our fingers crossed but obviously it's not set in stone. He has had great nurses the last 2 days, which has been very comforting.

Will is pretty excited for church on Sunday because apparently some guy named Steve Young is the Sunday school teacher in the ward here.

So I thought I would share an embarrassing moment for your entertainment. In the midst of all the frustration earlier this week, I went to take a shower in the parents lounge. I made sure to bring in my clothes and toiletries. I broke down and cried my eyes out. As I got out of the shower I glanced around for something I had forgotten to bring in with me. The TOWEL! All I could do was laugh. And laugh some more until I started crying because I was laughing so hard.

13 comments:

The Oaks said...

Hey Cara and Family
This is Raquel from work I just wanted to tell you I have been thinking about you and Lincoln. He looks so cute in his Halloween costume. Happy Halloween

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! I love his little giraffey costume. And your story, so funny. Loves!

Holly said...

Oh my word! He is so cute!!! I'm so glad you were able to get some pictures of him in his costume. How fun! And I love your embarrassing moment--glad you could laugh about it! :)

The Standrings said...

you got to put the costume on him! i'm so glad! do you guys need anything? do you want to come over sometime this week for dinner?

dkkemp said...

Lincoln makes the cutest baby giraffe ever! Keep on fighting little buddy! We love you!

RainNsneauX said...

He is darling! Hope you will all get to come home soon! Praying for all to be well! Lots of Love! Rina

Joanna said...

It just gave me the chills to see Lincoln in his halloween costume. He's gonna know he has a mom and dad who loved him so much right from the start :)

Melissa and Reed said...

We are keeping ourselves posted. Thanks for letting us know what is going on. We pray for you daily. Little Lincoln is so handsome! Reed and I are ticked about the incompetent nurses and doctors that have screwed up on your little one. This isn't acceptable! Reed's in Med school and they have been talking about this kind of stuff. You need to get the names of the nurses and doctors and report what has been going on. Really! This shouldn't be happening and they need to be written up. Take care!

Kristin said...

Yay I'm so happy he got to wear his costume! So cute!

Justine said...

I'm so glad you got to dress him up! He's such a cutie pie! You should have had Will wear the hotdog costume to keep you entertained:) Love you!

Dylan, Holly, and Aspen said...

That's great that you dressed him up in his giraffe costume. So cute. And your story....very funny. You needed the laugh. We are still praying for your family. Hopefully they will be able to get everything started sooner than later.

Summer said...

Cara you're strength continues to amaze me. You are an inspiration to all of us. Our prayers continue to include all of you. And I'm so glad to hear the ward out there is taking such good care of you! Much Love.

Unknown said...

Wow dude, your son was born the exact same day as mine. That's pretty awesome. I saw your photo here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=542077363#!/photo.php?pid=83497&id=100000197521174&ref=fbx_album&fbid=103069553042962
That's how I knew he was born the same day.

Anyway, I really hope you get better soon so you can get out of the hospital. Sounds like you're making a great recovery. Keep it up and when you get around to it, you can accept my friend request on Facebook. I use the alias "Fred Tucker" to protect my identity from the mobsters who wish to kill me. Not really, but it sounds good anyway.

Peace,

-Robert Price