Friday, October 30, 2009

Lincoln's turning the corner.

Shortly after the last post I wrote we found out that Lincolns lactic acid levels had dropped from 50 down to 15. I was over come with relief. Some good news! Things have been looking up since that time. His white blood cells are continuing to drop and his lactic acids today are down to 5. It was a rough few days but we are inevitably on the uphill slope of the roller coaster again. It seemed like the end of my small little world, hence my venting, but we have bounced back and are now in high spirits again. So I apologize for making anyone worry. We are just so grateful that they caught the infection before he went in for surgery. Had they taken him in Tuesday like they were considering, the outcome could have been bad, to say the least. Lincoln is heavily sedated and taking his time to recover. He had a PIC line(an IV put in a vain that leads directly to the heart) put in today and so far it was a success.

The compassionate service leader from the ward here is letting us borrow her car, and some pillows and blankets. She also offered to have us over for dinner next week. We are in good hands:). It feels so much better to have a place to stay and have our bags unpacked. (Thanks Will!)

Well we are off to get some free Mc Donalds and then back to see Lincoln. It's awfully strange how excited I am to get free Mc Donalds.....I ordered a strawberry shake too;)
I just wanted everyone to know that we are in a good place and we are so grateful for all of your prayers. They are felt by us in countless ways. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people supporting us. And especially grateful for our baby!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Sorry to keep commenting so much...but we've just been thinking about you guys so much and wondering how things are going. And when we were going through all of Tucker's health issues, we really appreciated all of the blog comments. So hopefully I'm not being annoying! Anyway, so glad to hear things are looking better again. It totally is a roller coaster of a ride--that's for sure. And it sounds like you are in great hands there with the ward helping out. So nice! Hope things continue getting better. Thanks for keeping us all posted! And free McDonald's sounds great to me too! :)

Justine said...

I am so glad that things are turning around for the better! I miss you so much! You guys are the best parents ever and I am so proud of you for being so strong. I'm glad you got a hombugaa!!! Love you!!!!

Soni said...

Halloween is here! Are you going to be able to get some pictures of him "in" his costume?

Hope you enjoyed your free strawberry shake! Love ya all tons!

Anonymous said...

Love you guys!!! I was so worried after the last post, sounds like things were pretty frustrating. I am so glad things are on the up again. I hope and pray that will continue. Glad you have found some support in the area. Tons of love for you guys!

Joanna said...

So glad to hear that things are looking up for little sweet Lincoln.