Thursday, September 15, 2011

One week!

The first week of Spencer's life has been drastically different from the first week of Lincoln's life. When Lincoln was one week old I was sending him off with Will to California on a life flight. The next day I was in a plane my self sobbing uncontrollably because I missed my boys. 
But today, one week after Spencer's birth, he is snuggling on my chest as I type this post. Every now and then he makes a little grunt and it makes me smile. Every time it reminds me of how lucky I am. 

The first week of Lincoln's life I was driving an hour up to SLC every day, walking up to the 2nd floor, with my inflatable donut tucked under my arm, to see my sweet baby. Looking past the wires, iv's and incubator to see his sweet face. 
This last week I have laid in bed with Spencer curled up next to me. Only needing to turn my head to see his face. I wake up to his cries and nurse him instead of my alarm on my phone telling me it's time to pump. 
This last week has been an amazingly different experience, of which I am eternally grateful for. 
My recovery has been 100x easier, thanks to Will forcing me to stay in bed, and my mom and Justine for watching Lincoln. I am loving the fact that I also don't have a cold right now like I did the week after I had Lincoln. I am not missing coughing and sneezing every 5 min.

Lincoln is adjusting great, and he is loving being a big brother. Every morning he comes and gives me and Spencer kisses. Every time he leaves a room Spencer is in he has to come and give him a hug and kiss first. 

Spencer is the sweetest thing ever!
 We took him in for a check up the day after he was born and the doctor said he looked great. 
He is a great nurser (super fast), and usually only wakes up 3 times at night. 
We love him so much!
 I didn't know how it was possible to love another baby as much as I love Lincoln, but I guess what they say is true, A parent's loce is whole no matter how many times it is divided. ~Robert Brault

 He loves to hold his little brother.
 I snuck my camera into my room and did a little photo shoot. I haven't edited them yet but they are still pretty darn cute!

 His eyes look really brown in this picture. I'm not sure if Lincoln's were this dark or not...we didn't really see them all this much.

5 comments:

Natasha said...

So happy for you guys!!! He's adorable.

Holly said...

So wonderful to have a healthy baby! So glad you're enjoying it & that you're able to appreciate it! Spencer is adorable!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

So now you know what a "normal" first-week-after-birth is like. Hooray! Darling pictures!!! I can't beleive I get to see these cuties in person so soon.

So very happy that everything is going so perfectly.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Opps. Typo. Should have been "believe." :)

Soni Levenseller said...

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to read about little baby Linc without crying. So glad things are going well with Spencer and that everybody is adjusting! Loves to you all!