Sunday, November 22, 2009

250 pictures later

It was interesting to look back on the 250 pictures we have in a folder titled Lincoln. Number one is a picture of me before we left for the hospital, completely oblivious to the journey on which we were about to embark. It is hard to believe that we are really home, I keep waiting to wake up in a hospital room with Lincoln on all sorts of monitors and IV's attached to him. Instead I wake up to the most beautiful sight in the world, my cordless, perfectly healthy baby. It's hard to express such an enormous amount of gratitude. Gratitude for the journey, the lessons learned, the prayers answered, the surgeons, and all of the family, friends, and ward members that gave us so much love and support. I am especially grateful for Will, who has been and always will be my rock. Not only has our marriage been strengthened by this experience but it was strengthened in preparation for it. Henry B. Eyring gave a talk in the October LDS General conference "Our Perfect Example" that stood out to me. He spoke on bettering ourselves and becoming more like the Savior.

"First, I give counsel to husbands and wives. Pray for the love which allows you to see the good in your companion. Pray for the love that makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small. Pray for the love to make your companion’s joy your own. Pray for the love to want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion."-Henry B. Eyring

I had been making an extra effort to do just that, and it has made all the difference. I am grateful for that extra preparation I received. It is humbling to look back and see all of the things that prepared us.


Lincoln waiting anxiously for the doctors final word.
Leaving the hospital.
For some reason Lincoln likes taking the bottle like this.

Lincoln playing air guitar.

6 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

What BEAUTIFUL pictures!! I love each one. We're so very, very happy for you all! Lincoln looks happy to be home. I love your sense of humor, (cordless baby), and your faith. Your a great example to all of us. Tears are in my eyes. Will I ever be able to look at these pictures without tearing up---tears of pure joy. Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!! It is so fun to see him in cute little clothes!!!! He is so adorable in his little stipey outfit.

Soni said...

Lookin good! So glad you're home- I'm sure it will take a while to get out of hospital mode. He looks adorable- can't wait to see him healthy next month!

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I love seeing your posts and up dates everyday...I would even go as far as to say it is one of the highligts of my day.

Kaela Cusack said...

i love his little tootsies!

C and K said...

Beautiful words Cara and love that you are all home together as a family :) Happy Thanksgiving!