Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 5

I love to look at Will when he is looking at Lincoln. He stares at him in awe with so much admiration. I can see how much he loves him, and how he would do anything for him. I am so grateful for such a loving husband. He has so much strength to take care of a sick baby and a sick wife. I know he will be such a good dad.

I sent Will back to the hospital without me, because I can't seem to drop my temperature and my body aches, so he may come back with more updates. So far, he is completely off his versed, and slowly being weened off the other 2 sedatives he is on. He also had his arterial line and his intercardial lines taken out. The doctors are hoping to get him off the breathing tube tomorrow. He also started breast milk today. It is a very small amount, and is going through a feeding tube, but still a good start. He opened his eyes today for about an hour and stared at Will and I. He just kept looking back and forth between the two of us hovering over him.

I am continually amazed by the strength of my baby. I love him so much, and I can't wait to have him home and spoil his guts out!

6 comments:

Soni said...

I love how he always keeps his right arm up by his head- so cute! and he's got some sweet hair going in this pic! Hang in there- you're bound to feel better soon. Love ya!

Holly said...

I've never noticed Lincoln's hair before--so cute! That's so good to hear that they're taking out lines and that he's starting on breastmilk. Such a sweet little boy! And he already looks even better than the picture from yesterday. So sorry you're still not feeling well. You are all still in our prayers. Hope Will comes home with more good news! And I think you have the prerogative to spoil Lincoln as much and as long as you want when he comes home. :)

Mark said...

Way to go Lincoln! He is so strong.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I continue to be amazed at what a beautiful baby Lincoln is. All he's been through and yet he is just beautiful. He looks so healthy. Love the hair---it really stands out in this picture. We continue with our prayers. Cara, feel free to call Dr. Troy about "your" problems, too. He won't know as much about adults as he does about kids, but he's helped me through some illnesses from time to time.

Adri said...

I was looking at pictures you posted yesterday and am in total awe that you have made it through this. It really must be so hard to just have to watch your baby heal without being able to hold him. But then I started thinking about what a celestial being he is, and I know that Heavenly Father is watching over him. What a neat thing that is! I hope he continues to progress as well as he has.

Randi said...

I'm happy Lincoln is doing good! He is a strong little guy. Soon you will have him home!! I hope you get better so you can go see him.