Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Patience is a virtue

Being the most impatient person in the world, waiting for something to happen that is completely out of my control is hard. However I am learning more and more patience everyday. Still no plans for surgery. Lincoln is still stable, the surgeons and Doctors just want him to be in the best condition possible for his surgery, which we obviously agree with.

So as if we hadn't had enough to stress about this past week, I just found out that someone stole my credit card from my wallet and racked up $1,900 on it over the past seven days. We already called our credit card and "With Capital one we pay 0% of fraudulent charges". So that was a huge relief. What isn't a huge relief is that someone is wandering around the hospital without a soul. We are pretty sure that it got stolen from the parents sleep room at the hospital. So whoever stole it knew that we had a child in the hospital. They also had to look at our faces every time they used our card since our picture was on it. Which leads me to my next frustration that she was able to make 48 transactions without a single person checking for ID OR noticing that she looked nothing like the face on the card. We assume it is a she because she spent $140 at a beauty salon. Moral of the story, always check ID.

I remember wondering if I would be ok to leave my stuff outside of the bathroom for the five minutes I was in the shower. Then I thought, "no body could be that heartless," stupid me.

The funny thing about this person is that amongst all the Starbucks, McDonalds, Subway, Tanning, Nail Salon, and many other purchases made, she also seems to have perhaps filled a prescription at a pharmacy. We assume that they will have a record of the transaction along with a name on the prescription. So now we have dedicated ourselves to tracking her down and seeing that consequences are served.

This post seems negative....Here are the things for which we are grateful:

Our camera didn't get stolen along with our memory card.
They didn't steal my whole wallet. I had $5 in it.
I decided to pay the rent for the Ronald McDonald house..That's how I realized my card was missing. I don't use my wallet a lot having Will around all the time.
They stole two credit cards but only used one of them. (Don't worry we canceled both.)
Most importantly I am extremely grateful for my wonderful husband. He is my rock.

Lincoln told us he loved us today:) Humor me

8 comments:

C said...

You two are so strong! No wonder Lincoln is such a strong kid (LOVE his cute hat btw!).

I'm glad you guys have the protection for the fraud charges. And also that the camera didn't get stolen. And I hope the person that stole and used your card gets caught.

Kristin said...

Oh that is so precious! He definitely said I love you!

Soni said...

wow! that is unbelievable!some people reallllllly suck! hope they fry.

and that was definately an "I love you"

hang in there! love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love his little Pumpuhkin hat!!!!!!!!! SO adorable!!!!!!!!!

I CANNOT believe someone would be that ridiculous!!!!! and stupid!!!!! I bet you'll catch her with the pharmacy thing. And if it goes to court, hopefully they will bring up the situation in which she stole and she'll really be in trouble. What a terribly vain person.

Well I love you guys! You are being so strong and amazing!!! And he definitely said I love you. Most positively.

Anonymous said...

P.s. if you do find out who it is, you should most definitely write her a letter and make her feel like total crap.

Christy Gunnell said...

You've got to be kidding me?! Seriously, you two are both rocks. I would be so ticked. I hope you do track her down.

Side note: He does love you! That's a precious picture and his hate is super precious. Love the pumpkin!

dkkemp said...

Oh my gosh! When it rains, it truly DOES pour, doesn't it?! What a crazy time! And is it mean to say that I hope that lady chokes on her pills?

What a precious picture of Lincoln and his I love you sign! Definitely made this pregnant lady tear up! I love you guys!

Kaela Cusack said...

i know that sign :) what a warrior! keep being positive-i'm so glad he made it through!