Friday, November 13, 2009

I was brave today

I have been watching Lincoln's finger nails grow longer and longer everyday. He has his fist up by his face the majority of the day, I have nightmares of him scratching his eyes out. So I finally got up the nerve to clip his nails, which was something I was never planning on doing myself, I was planning on making Angie do it. I was so proud of myself.

Lincoln has been doing good. He is off all of his drips! He still has two IV's in, but they aren't being used. He is up to full feeds through his feeding tube, and is working on taking it from the bottle. He has finally started to make some noise when he cries. It's so cute. I can't believe how much I love this baby!!!


Linc and me


P.S. The credit card thief was arrested last night on account of our crazy mad investigation skills and information we provided to the cops. Which is good because 2 days after we canceled our card she stole someone else's and $500. I feel bad for her, Will wants me to mention that he feels absolutely no remorse.

7 comments:

The Standrings said...

haha that's funny. i always said that too- that i was too afraid to cut his fingernails and i was just going to have angie to it. but good for you for being brave! he looks so great! how are you feeling by the way?

Dylan, Holly, and Aspen said...

You guys all look really good. I'm glad that the thief was caught. She deserved to get caught!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the first picture of him. It is probably my favorite so far. Or at least one of my favorites. Was it the girl that you thought it was? I'm so happy for you guys. :-)

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Another "good news" day! Hooray! Every new post brings big smiles to my face. Cara, you are so funny. But I agree--cutting baby fignernails is tricky. :)

soni said...

Will looks a bit smitten :)Lincoln is looking absolutely adorable! If you start to feel too bad for the soulless wench who took your cards ,just remember at least she'll have fabulous hair and beautiful nails while she's sitting in jail.

Soni said...

PS- nice job on the pic you took of yourself and Linc...makes your arms look super skinny! :)

Kayla and Austen said...

I have been so scared to clip my baby's fingernails with clippers, so nasty as it sounds i just bite them haha. Thats awesome about the theif. that little biotch deserves it haha.