Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

So grateful for...

These two

Will has been such a good support through all of this, and such a great dad. He spent the last 6 weeks taking care of me and protecting little Lincoln. I am so grateful that I had him by my side, I know that I couldn't have done it with out him. Especially how involved he was in Lincolns care at the hospital. He always knew what medications Lincoln was on, the dosage, and what their purpose was. If he didn't, he spent the night doing research, so he could ensure Lincoln was getting the best care possible. All the nurses joked around saying that by the time we left Will would have his undergrad in cardiology. He did everything possible to make my life easier. Whether it be washing my pumping equipment out, running down to fill my water bottles because I refused to drink California water, running upstairs countless times because I forgot something in our room, handling the headache of figuring out insurance, or taking care of me while I was sick, he was willing to do anything and everything on my behalf.

I am so grateful for Lincoln. 30 years ago I wouldn't be holding him in my arms right now. I can't imagine my life without him. He is such a sweet baby.

I am grateful to be home.
I am grateful for the Gospel and the peace it brings to my life.
And I am grateful for all the prayers that were said in our behalf.
Thank you.

5 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

"Rascal" Lincoln looks so comfy in his Dad's arms. What a great picture. We're grateful, too, for the blessings you've had since Lincoln's arrival. We will continue with our prayers, of course, but I have a feeling that boy is going to do great. You're the best parents ever. Keep up the good work.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

"Rascal" Lincoln looks so comfy in his Dad's arms. What a great picture. We're *grateful,* too, for the blessings y'all have received since Lincoln's birth. We will continue with our prayers, but I have a feeling that boy is going to do great! You're the best parents ever. Keep up the good work.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

OK, I thought my first comment wasn't posted, so I tried to remember what I said and commented again, and then they both showed up! Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

He he rascal. I'm grateful too that you have Will. :-)

Christine and Brennan Platt said...

You are amazing parents.